casement windows

A quick learner from aberdeen, wa. says:
I am going to be making wood casement sashes for windows on an old building. re 58-055 and 58-053: which to use? does 58055 go on the inner face of the sash? How do I handle weatherstripping on the hinge side of the sash? Thanks for youyr help dick Mursell
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You might want to take a look at the 58-170, a weather stripping that many manufactures use on their sashes. Both the 58-053 and 58-055 bubble weatherstripping is actually used on the sash stop. Some manufactures use the straight leg and some use the offset weatherstripping, it depends on the application.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)