certainteed window parts

A handy person from Portland ME says:
Hi,
We need to replace 2 broken coils (both sides) in our Certainteed double hung window. The parts numbers for the 3 pieces:
A186160 (spring holder)
86180/90 (bracket)
86170 (roller)

Do you sell them? Thanks!

Chris
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello Chris. Please see our 15-192 pivot shoe, 15-156 spring cover, and #15-157 balance drum. For the coil spring, check out our Series 170 balance. You will need the number on your existing spring when ordering to determine the best option.
A handy person from Portland says:
We checked the coil springs, and the numbers are worn quite a bit. However, it looks like the number might be "361". Is that possible? We don't see that one on the list for Series 170 balances. Thanks!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hmm... that's kind of an odd one. How about this: tell me how many springs are used on each side of the window, and the weight of the sash. With that information, I will be able to determine which option is best.
A handy person from Portland ME says:
We took out 1 spring on each side of the lower window. Because it's double hung, there should be 1 spring on each side of the upper window, too, correct? The entire lower window (sash) weighed 20.8 lbs when we took it out; it's 29 1/2" tall and 36" wide.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. If your sash weighs 20.8 pounds, you may want to consider using four S170-335 springs. Each of these can carry 5 pounds each, so four working together (two on each side) should work well for your sash.
A handy person from Portland says:
How would we fit 2 springs into the space? Originally, we only had 1 spring on each side of the lower sash. Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
There should be plenty of room in the jamb for two. To insert it into the slot, just put it in the cut-out shoe first and slide the whole balance system in.
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
SWISCO S170 and S171 Coil Balance Assembly
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.