channel balance assistance

A quick learner from USA says:
Hello,
I have Seasons-all windows that have broken pivot lock and balances. I am attaching photos of the defective parts. Looking on your website I see in the Tilt Window Replacement Hardware section items 15-054 and 15-056 that look similar to my parts; however, I cannot find any balances that are similar to mine.

Can you assist me in locating the proper replacement parts?

Thank you
Tom
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
This balance system is for a very old tilt window; one of the first, in fact. It will need to be custom made. Before we begin, can you tell me the length of the metal channel? Can you also tell me the weight of the sash? Finally, tell me how many you need.

As for the pivot shoe, it's a bit of a weird one. The window manufacturer designed it so that it could install during the assembly of the window, when it was dropped down the track before the top of the window was screwed on. I believe our 15-106 and 15-107 bottom shoes can replace it. You can twist the shoe in the track without cutting the frame or taking the window frame apart. The cam for both would be our 15-124 and the brake is the 15-054.
A handy person from Hudson Florida says:
Thank you for your reply. I have already engineered it myself and ordered and received the 15-106 & 15-107 pivot shoes, the 15-124 metal cam, the 15-036 channel balance hook, and the S770-10-20D balance (your order number 850640.) I haven't tried installing it yet. Hope to get to it next week. If it works I will be ordering more.

Tom
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)