channel balance replacement

A home owner from Indianapolis says:
A pulley broke in my channel balance, and I'm not sure what I need to replace it. I went to Lowes and wasted about an hour while they eventually said they had no idea. Please help!
From the internet I am guessing it is from a Caldwell window, a series 86.

The length of the track is 28 inches. The width of the track is about 9/16, which I guess is counted as 1/2 inch.
A user submited photo of window channel balance
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Before I can offer an applicable replacement for this channel balance, I just need to know a bit more information about your balance.

First, can you tell me if there are any numbers printed or stamped on the channel itself?

Next, I'll need to identify your bottom shoe. Please take a look at our 15-004 and 15-005 channel balance shoes, and note their depths. As you can see, they are 1-3/32" deep and 1" deep, respectively. Which one more closely matches your own bottom attachment?

Once we know that, we can determine what Series channel balance you have, and we can work from there!
A home owner from Indianapolis says:
Stamped on the back is "27 4" and then a bit smaller "J1".
The bottom shoe must be the 1" deep shoe. It actually is a bit less than 1".
Thank you for your help.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! I agree, you most likely have the 1" shoe, and it was just worn down over time. I would suggest that you take a look at our S380-28 with a 2740 stamp option and see if you think that matches up with your own hardware.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)