coil balance for older tilt in window

A home owner from howell,nj says:

I ordered the S152-4 coil balance from you but couldn't get it to stay on to the piece that is attached to the window jam. The problem is that the coil is too long and I need a coil about 16 inches long. The 15-175 shoe fit perfectly but i need to return the coil and get one that fits easier. I believe that the S152-4 is at least 22 inches long and is not the right one. The attached pics show the existing one and has the letter "A" at the end. My order number is 1359299. Thanks in advance.

Charlie

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0060.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0061.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey again, Charlie. The Series 152 Coil Springs are actually 40", so I am uncertain what the issue is here. They are absolutely the compatible springs with this pivot shoe. See the video below--while a different Coil Balance system, the principles are the same. Let me know if this illustrates any problems you're having with installation.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.