coil balancers

A handy person from oscoda mi. says:
1 1/2 tall x 1 1/4 wide x 1/2 thick maybe 9/16. window sash weighs 13 lbs.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20220518_151612 parts.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

We'd be happy to help but we'd like to see a picture of your pivot shoe removed from the window to compare to our inventory. If we can identify the pivot shoe, that will tell us the coils and accessories that you'll need.

I bought these parts from you apx 2 yrs ago. Dont have my order #. But need them again. Looking for a heavy duty version if available. The window is for takeout at a cafe.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG955272.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you! Your pivot shoe is a match for our 15-228 which uses the 1/2" thick Series 160 and 3/8" thick Series 165 coil springs. You'll need to measure your old coils to determine which one will be best for your window. Look over the specifications and let me know if you have any questions. 

Measure the length of the coil?
Profile picture of Emily

No, you'll want to measure the width of the coil spring. See the image below and let me know if this helps. 

coil width
The width of the spring is 7/16 And remeasured all parts and the housing for the coul measures 9/16
Profile picture of Emily

I'm afraid we don't sell a coil spring in that size and we know of no company who made anything in that size. The 1/2" thick Series 160 and 3/8" thick Series 165 are the only options so we recommend triple checking the width of yours. 

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.