compact window crank

A home owner from MAryland says:
I'm looking to add shutters to my Simonton casement windows, but the crank is huge and does not fold. Would this item (39-376) be your most compact window crank? Also, how do I determine the spline size? Is it fairly standard across brands?
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello! 

The spline size can vary across different brands. For example, Truth tends to use a spline size of 11/32" while Pella window operators all have a spline size of 3/8". You can determine the size of your spline by measuring its diameter. 

Our 39-375 is fairly compact compared to other options, yes. However, it sounds like you're looking to get clearance under your new installation of shutters. There's no handle that will fit under those, unfortunately. The shutters will have to make way for the handle, not the other way around.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.