delrin window rollers

A home owner from Ohio says:
Delrin window rollers #87-017 (photo attached)

window photos attached -

the window has sides have screws - do I need to take the window frames off to move the plastic to insert rollers?

the plastic roller holder - photo shows if the plastic is moved the rollers will insert where there are metal openings and move plastic back to secure rollers.

can you advise if this is correct? or is there an easier way.


User submitted photos of a window roller.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
This complete roller unit resembles our 87-067. Check it out and see if you agree. If you just need to replace the wheel, see our 87-017.

To remove the old housing so you can replace the wheel, you do need to unscrew the side frame of the sash. That will enable you to slide the housing out, or just slide enough for the housing to line up with the metal cut out in the frame.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)