photo or instructions

A home owner from crossville tn says:
I Identified part I have in window as 45121 body. LH truth lock assembly, prod code 38-099. the part that it connects to must be window lock/latch but they are missing from left hand side of window so I cant latch it. I have 4 of these windows, but this one is not lockable and it gets cold in winter. Is there a photo or instructions on how I take window apart to put these parts in? the right side is intact but I can't figure how to take it apart without damaging the window. Any help so I know which parts I should purchase and how I install in window? Thank you so much!
Sue with a fixer-upper house
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

In most cases, the homeowner can install these parts with little to no issues. However, there are cases when you may have to consider resorting to a professional for assistance. It really comes down to the actual type of window that you have. 

Generally, you should be able to install the new lock the same way as the assembly on the opposite side. Feel free to get back to us with photos of your intact lock assembly with the window open so that we can see the arm that attaches to the keeper on the tie bar. Thank you. 

Dimensions for 38-099
Dimensions for 38-099

How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
How to open a casement window that has a broken lock
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.