window metal part at bottom that holds up window

A quick learner from Fort Mill, SC 29715 says:

I believe the window brand is a Paladdine or NVR (new house window from Ryan Homes in development in South Carolina (Dominion Bridge - Fort Mill)

The metal clip is broken on both sides of the narrow metal spring activated slide.

I hope you can identify the part I need so I can order them. Thanks - Ken

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named windowpart.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! I am confident that we can supply you with the replacement hardware you need. However, before we move forward, I'd like to confirm if you are looking to replace the entire channel balance assembly or just the shoe you have pictured?

If you are looking to replace the entire balance, I'll also need to know the stamp from the metal channel of the balance, the length of the metal channel, and I'll need to see a photo of the hook installed to the top of the balance.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

A quick learner from Fort Mill, SC 29715 says:

Thanks for getting back to me! I just need the two shoes - one for each side of the window. I'll also need to know how to remove the old ones and replace them with the new.

Thanks a lot!

Ken

Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Okay, great! There is a chance that our 15-236 may work, providing that your balance shoe measures 1-1/4" across the bottom of the T-shape. Be sure to double check that measurement.

For a visual aid on how to remove these balances from the window and then to swap out the shoes, take a look at both of the videos below from our Swisco YouTube channel. For the video on removing/installing these balances (Covert a Crossbow to a Channel Balance), you'll need to forward to the 3 minute and 13 second mark. 

I hope these help!

How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.