11500-11 Pam AM cranks

A home owner from St. Augustine, Florida says:
Greetings! My name is Tina Trousdell. My house was built in 1989 and the whole house has Pam AM windows with 11500-11 Pam AM cranks. The right window crank broke several years ago on one of the larger ones. (photo attached of the left side of the same window). The number on the crank is 1150-11. In searching your sight, there is mention of another crank: 39-017 Pan Am operator that may be the same? But it is described as use for awnings. I clearly need a window crank. Please advise me as to which part I need to order. Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named TROUSDELL handle 04.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named TROUSDELL handle 03.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named TROUSDELL handle 02.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named TROUSDELL handle 01.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! Our 39-017 is designed for Awning windows, yes, but it can still work on windows like yours, too. I think this is a good product to look at first. Carefully review our photos and dimensions to ensure that everything matches. If if differs in any way, let me know exactly how and we can try to find a closer match.

Thank you, I shall do that. Does 39-017 come in white??

I measured and it it slightly too small. I need 1" spacing for the bottom 2 screws. I noticed when researching on your site at comments that there is a version this size by Look-Rusco. However, I need a WHITE right hand part. Does this part come in white? And if not is there another manufacturer that makes this size in white? And if not, what paint should I use to make it white to match the rest of the windows in my house? Thank you! Tina

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us, Tina. Are you referring to our 39-257B Look-Rusco operator? If so, I don't think this is what you have. The top tab on this is the same as the bottom, but your bottom tab is definitely different compared to the top.

The 39-017 does not currently come in white, unfortunately. Was the the only difference, or was there something else about the design that differed?

Thank you for getting back to me. I need the bottom screws to be 1 ?" apart. Good to know though that it does not come in white. I guess I'll have to paint it.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I actually agree with your original assessment that the Pan Am 39-017 operator looks closer to the one you have in your window now. This has the same bottom attachment leg like the one in your photos. Just make sure that the link arm on the 39-017 matches the one on your operator, too. 

One more thought on the painting. I would wipe down the operator with a cleaner to remove any grease or dirt from the operator body. Then use a type of spray paint with a primer included in the spray. I believe Krylon or Rustoleum has this type. 

One more thing I would also order is the 39-104 handle in white. Reason being that the handle is the only part of the operator you touch and the 39-104 has a good finish on it. You want to avoid painting the handle if you can help it since it's going to be grabbed so much.

good advice ? thanks
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.