1/2" Inch Wide Channel Balance

A landlord from Missouri says:

Looking for 1/2" inch width channel balance but not sure which one it is. The lenght of the metal is a little over 29".

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel Balance Spring
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! There is a good chance that we can supply you with the replacement balances needed for your repairs. Although, I'll need a bit more information to confirm the right replacement.

To start, I'll need to see a photo of an undamaged balance removed from the window. I am looking to see a clear photo of the attachments that may be on the bottom and the top of the balance. As these are important for how the balance installs in the window.

It may also help to look in the window channel for any attachments that could be left behind/detached from the balance and/or connected to the bottom of the sash.

I'll also need to know the stamp/markings from the metal channel. This stamp is what indicates the weight range the balances should be able to hold to support the weight of the sash.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions you might have.

A landlord from Missouri says:
Hello, we have more photos in reference to the part we were asking about before. Let us know if this is what you were looking for.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel Balance
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance Hook Shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image0.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel Balance Stamps
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for the photos. It appears you have a custom tilt window balance assembly, made with the Series 770 Balance and a pointed look like the 62-105. Given the stamp from your balances, I believe your balances should measure either 30" or 31" in length. Please double check the length of your channel to confirm which of these is the right replacement.

Also, I am not able to cross-reference the stamps from your balance with the stamps on our balance channels, with that said, I will need to know the exact weight of the sash.

To confirm pricing and availability for these assemblies, I'll need to know the exact number of balances you intend to purchase. There is an order minimum of (2) balances per custom order.

Your photos do not appear to show the compatible bottom shoe or any of the other compatible components. If you are looking to replace them, I will need to see photos of them to identify the correct replacements.

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions you might have.

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.