1937 -1940 casement window rigid screen parts & mesh #1

A home owner from New York says:

Hello I am looking for some ridged insect steel mesh for some repairs/restoration on my window screens are the original screens and they are original to the house but can find very little info. the windows may be from Fenestra??

I am looking for a couple of mounting clips shown in picture , replacement mesh and any other part such as the spring spline holding the window screen together.

Also if you info on the screens or window system it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2023-07-02 13.45.31.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2023-07-02 14.00.36.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2023-07-02 13.58.37.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2023-07-02 13.57.38.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2023-07-02 13.49.04.jpg
here are some additional photos.
Thanks.
-Paul
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2023-07-02 13.45.56.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2023-07-02 13.47.25.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 2023-07-02 13.45.34.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us, Paul. From what I remember working in the younger days, to replace the screen cloth you will need to pull out a type of "metal" spline from the screen frame and I don't believe it can be re-used. I would suggest using one of our foam screen splines we carry in various thicknesses. Our selection can be found here

As for the screen cloth itself, we carry it in a few different sizes and types. Take a look at the 45-036 in the fiberglass, the 45-736 in the invisible fiberglass, and the 47-036 in the charcoal aluminum. As for the clips, the only Wicket type clip shown in your photos would be the 70-091 which is 7/8" tall. We also carry the newer style "Z" clips like the 70-057. The "Z" clips we have them in various sizes; see our full selection here. Review the specifications for the parts we've related for you and see how they compare with yours.

Hello Dave,
Thanks for the responce, the metal spline is interictal to holding the frame together. the center square is made of 6 seprate pieces 4 edges, the screen matrial for rigidity and the springy metal spline hold it all together the foam does not work or the fiberglass screen.
thease are thick heavy materials. perhaps why they lasted so long. need a wire mesh..

the C clip may help but the creen is my #1 priority right now.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid these parts are the best we can offer. I am very sorry that we cannot offer a suitable replacement option. 

SWISCO Foam Screen Spline
SWISCO Foam Screen Spline
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.