1976 Anderson Casement Window Crank Assembly

A home owner from Saranac, MI says:

Hello,

We have several crank assemblies that no longer function, they break away from the casement when we try to crank them open. Both left and right opening. Could you please assist with the correct replacement part? Throughout the house we have painted most of the handles and covers white so ideally, we can get new handles and covers in white, the mechanics of it, I guess it doesn't matter much. At this point it doesn't even need to be Anderson brand as long as they are compatible. And if something compatible doesn't come in white, we can paint those covers and handles as well.

Thank you,

Kim

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4229.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4232.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4233.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Kim. The covers and handles remind me of the Andersen 39-286 and 39-154, both of which do come in white. However, if the operators simply fail to work, then chances are the entire assembly needs to be replaced. We likely can help, but I need to see the entire mechanism, including the link arms that just out the back of that operator body and push and pull the window sash. Can you manually open the window and give us a bird's eye view of the entire mechanism, including those link arm(s)? That should help us narrow down your options. Thanks. 

A home owner from Saranac, MI says:
Hi Bob,
Thanks for the quick reply. Please let me know if these additional photos help.

Kim
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4242.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4243.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_4241.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for getting back to me, Kim. I believe you have the 39-094 and 39-095 Straight Arm operators. See the image below to confirm this type matches what you have.

Dimensions for 39-095
Dimensions for 39-095

These operators come with a cover in stone color, but you could swap it out with the 39-154. It, along with the 39-286, are sold separately. Let me know if you have further questions. 

A home owner from Michigan says:
Thanks so much for the info. These do appear to match what we have. If after our home inspection the home buyer asks us to replace these I'll be back to shop.
Profile picture of Bob

Sounds good! Thank you very much for the consideration and please feel free to reach out if you had any other questions.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.