26 393b and 26 266 diferences

A handy person from Pittsfield mass says:
I have older American craftsman window in my house. Replaced 15ish years ago. I have a right hand 26 266 latch broken, according to what I read no longer available. Can the 26 393b or 26 393 be a suitable replacement? What would I need do to use them, only difference jumps out at me is they are shorter.thank you
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! There is chance that our 26-393 could work in place of the 26-266 (and the discontinued 26-267) however, we have not received any confirmation as to if they are a suitable replacement. 

The shape of the tooth is a bit different on the 26-393 in addition to not having the T-shaped flanges. However, the other dimensions are the exact same. Take a look over them and see if they might be a fit for you.

Dimensions for 26-393
Dimensions for 26-393

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.