26-4 AA CMC 11

A quick learner from Sacramento, CA says:
The code above is for the side-mounted window lift bars on our house windows. Would like to know what the price is for approx. 6-7 of these.

also need replacement "clips" as shown in the photo that allow the lift bars to be disengaged from the window frame....need approx. 12 of these.
thanks!!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, thanks for writing in! The metal part you have pictured here appears to be our 16-002 Take Out Clip. To confirm that this is the right replacement take a look at the dimensions and design.

Alternate image for 16-002
Alternate image for 16-002

In regard to you channel balances, I am confident we have a replacement balance we can supply you with. However, to be absolutely sure, I'll need to see a photo of an undamaged balance removed from the window. I am specifically looking to see a photo of the top and bottom plastic attachments from the balance. 

The stamp provided only indicates the weight range the balance can carry to support the sash. This will be useful once we've determine the type of balance you need.

Hi. Thanks for the quick reply. The Take-out clip that I need is the same as you identified (16-002).....measurements are the same.

As requested, I've added photos of the top and bottom plastic pieces of the channel balances, so hopefully you can provide a quote on the cost of these.

Last item, I've added a photo of the top of one of our windows which has been damaged by the Channel Balance becoming jammed and someone forcing the window down..which broke off part of the plastic window trim that "catches" the top of the channel balance. Do you have any sort of a "fix" for this problem? (I have about 6 windows with this problem)

Thanks, look forward to hearing from you...
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named bottom (1).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Top.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window top break.jpg

Thanks for the photos. Your channel balance appears to be the S395-27 with a 2640 stamp. Like your balance, this one has a winged top and non-winged bottom.

In regard to the plastic trim, I'm sorry to say that there isn't a fix for the problem. You'll need to replace the window framing before you can repair the top sash guide that would need to be installed there. The to sash guide is what helps to guide the balance in the window channel and prevents it from shooting up out of the window. Since your frame is damaged, the top sash guide wouldn't be very secure in the window. Therefore, replacing it would only be a short-term solution.

I hope this helps!

Hi again....It looks like most of our non-op windows have a broken plastic part (see photo here) that "catches" the top of the channel balance. Does Swisco have these available that I could purchase? The part shown is about 2.25" long x 5/8" wide
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230805_142152.jpg

Hello again,

The part you are searching for is called a top sash guide. It helps to guide the balance up and down the window channel. It also prevents the channel balance from shooting up out of the window due to all of the tension.

Your top sash guide reminds me of our Alpine Top Sash guide, part 18-171. To confirm that this is the right replacement for your window, take a look over the design and dimensions below. I am confident this is the replacement you'll need.

Alternate view of 18-171
Alternate view of 18-171

Alternate image for 18-171
Alternate image for 18-171

Alternate view of 18-171
Alternate view of 18-171

Yes, the sash guide you sent is the same...its the stepped sash guide I need. I'll check the windows that need repairing and place a parts order probably tomorrow.

Thanks for all you help on this!!

Okay, great! I'm glad to hear that this is the correct replacement.

Please feel free to reach out with any other hardware repair questions you may have.

Have a great day!

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.