28D window balance need to find correct part# to order enough for 7 windows

A quick learner from fort meade florida says:

good morning I am needing your help in identifying the correct parts to order. I need balances for 7 windows as well as the plastic cap that is at the top of the track on the window frame (one each side) as seen in IMG_2626. the marking on the balance is 28D the metal part is 29 inches long 9/16" wide & 1/2" deep. I have 9 photos in all if you need the rest let me know how to get them to you. shoe is about 7/8.

thank you for your help.

Gene

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance Winged Shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance Top Guide
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Winged Balance Guide
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Top Sash Guide
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel Balance Shoe
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out! The balances you have appear similar to our S380-29 but with a 15-029 Winged Balance Shoe. Which will need to be a custom made assembly. Since your balance is stamped with a 28D, I believe you'll need the 2840 stamp for a sash weighing 23 to 28lbs.

I am happy to get the order link made up for these balances but I'd just like to confirm that all (14) balances you need have the same stamp. 

In regard to the plastic "cap" at the top of the sash, this is the top sash guide. This part helps to prevent the balance from shooting into the window frame and guide the balance as the window opens and closes. Yours appears to be the 18-180 1/2" Top Sash Guide.

To confirm if this is the right replacement, carefully review and compare the dimensions below.

Detail of 18-180
Detail of 18-180

Side view of 18-180
Side view of 18-180

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.