2920DS

A home owner from Ocala says:
i believe I need a 30" 395 series but with a 15-003 shoe. The shoe on my balance is like a 1 1/4 not the 1 1/8. Can the 15.003 be applied to that balance to replace the 1 1/8
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! We can absolutely make this balance for you, yes. It just has to be a custom order since it's not a stock configuration.

Before we go any further, can you just verify the exact weight of the sash that these balances support? That "DS" at the end of your stamp indicates a heavier-than-usual spring calibration, but "2920" itself indicates the opposite. That's usually only used on relatively light sashes. I just want to clear that detail up before we move forward to ensure that the balances we supply you are rated perfectly for your sash.

Can you also tell me how many you wanted to buy altogether?

A home owner from Ocala says:
I want to get a QTY of 20 or more but want to get a QTY of 2 to verify it is correct. I also want to up it to a 2950 to accommodate the weight, just in case. I would like to purchase the first 2 custom. Could you please help set me up so I can make the purchase. TY
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Well, my concern is that because this is a "DS" stamp that 2950 may not even be enough. It may be an extra-heavy duty stamp, which would make 2950 too weak. There's also the chance that the "DS" is irrelevant and that "2920" is in fact the proper stamp, in which case 2950 would be way, way too strong. Right now it's a coin flip and I don't know where it would land, which is bad news.

The way these work is that the tension of the springs provides constant upward force, which is counterbalanced by the weight of the sash, which provides constant downward force. If the upward force is more than the downward force, then your windows will be more difficult to open and could even open on their own. And, naturally, if the downward force is higher than the upward force, then you'll have the opposite problem. These are very precise systems and have to be calibrated just so. Having a balance that's too strong in relation to the sash is just as bad as having a balance that's too weak.

Considering that custom made balances are non-refundable, and considering you're thinking of buying so many, I think the best course of action is to get the exact weight of the sash so that we don't have to guess. That way we can be 100% sure that the hardware we're making for you will work as intended.

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.