31 9 channel balance

A quick learner from Oregon says:
31 9 BSI RM channel balance
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 31 9  BSI
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We can supply your replacement balances but it will need to be a custom order due to the length, extended travel pulley system and unique end attachments. To confirm the correct replacement, we'll need to see the fitting attached to the opposite end of the metal channel. We'll also need to confirm the number of balances that you need, with the minimum being two. Thank you. 

A quick learner says:
Thank you, Casey. I have attached multiple photos for your review. There seems to be an abnormally large gap between the sash sides and window frame. The play seems to be excessive. Does this mean the channel balances are not thick enough? We just bought this home a few years ago and rarely ever open these windows. There are 2 identical windows that both need new balances. One window keeps having its balance slide out of the top sash stop (likely excessive play or side to side movement that allows the balance to pop out of the channel. Or, the incorrect balances were used for these windows. I havent done this kind of work before, so I am learning as I go. Ill try to get measurements consolidated and organized with a drawing so you know what the measurements are from what to what. I have pictures of the measurements but they mean nothing to you if I send them without a caption for each.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 32DB7C76-170E-45F5-BEEC-CA13D9D13CBF.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B32B6C26-CFC9-433F-9363-CE58C200D44A.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A339BE35-A1C0-4D2F-B667-D71836DF67C2.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 55099048-679F-467D-A43B-D0490E59B9D1.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named C23ACC82-50C1-403D-8FD5-DB4E8BB9FB81.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

Thanks for getting back to us. Unforutnately, your photos do not show the top fitting attached to the metal balance channel, which we would still need to see, but your top sash guide resembles 18-008H. If any of your top sash guides are damaged, that could be why your balances are not staying in place. 

Dimenisons for 18-008H
Dimenisons for 18-008H

Alternate view of 18-008H
Alternate view of 18-008H

The space on the sides of the sash does not look unusual to me but you could check a functional window in the house to confirm if it uses the same type of balance assembly. Take a look at the videos related on this page to assist you.

A quick learner says:
My apologies, I hadnt realized I didn't include those initially with there being a 5 photo limit. Here are the remaining photos.

I believe these are the only 2 windows of this size. But I will check 1 other window today. I also forgot to mention, I weighed the sash and it was 40lbs. Based off what you see, do you think these balances are not the correct ones that should be used with these sashes?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 5F7091DE-F3E0-44A8-9D57-F8C2F81F175E.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 4FC4DBD8-9BC8-411B-B76C-677E456EE078.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 97734204-3AD5-4135-B7CF-6DDB02CB82FD.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named E72ABB64-E22C-4EF0-875E-AC2CB73B93D5.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey

We can supply the balances shown in your photo but we have no way of determining if they are the balances intended for your window if you suspect that someone may have installed the incorrect replacements at some point. We specialize in recommending replacement parts based on the hardware that was there originally. If you have any reservations, you could try reaching out to the window manufacturer to see if they have a record of the exact balances originally used in your window. 

Also, the 31-9 stamp for these balances is calibrated to support a sash between 33-36 lbs. If you need them calibrated to support exactly 40 pounds, we'll need a bit more time to have them quoted for you. Just let us know how you would like to proceed and we can go from there. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.