370 channel balance

A handy person from glen cove ny says:
hi i just ordered replacement balances for my 1972 windows. the problem i have is that they do not have a takeout clip all they have is what is pictured in the pictures. do i have to remove any of that to install the balance or to remove the window
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Sash guide
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Jamb clip
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

It looks like you have the original Series 370 window that was designed before takeout clips were used. The hex screw is used as a take-out clip. First, you'll need to remove the "L" bracket above the hex screw on both sides of the window. Then, you would raise the sash above the hex screw to release the balance from the sash. Please one hand on top and one on the bottom of the sash and push the it to one side to carefully swing the sash out. 

To remove the balance, remove the hex screw and slide the balance up to the cut-out at the top of the window track so the top balance guide wings can be removed from the track. To install the new balance, fit the wings of the balance guide into the track cut-out, bring the balance down, and install the bottom balance hook into the square hole in the middle of the track. Next, hold the balance in place while someone installs the hex screw back into the track. Slowly release the balance to meet the hex screw. Install the sash by sliding one side just above the bottom shoe, swing the other side of the sash in, and bring the sash down to connect to the balances. Install the top "L" brackets for the window stop. See the related media guides shown on this page to assist you. Thanks for posting! 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.