39-344 crank

A quick learner says:
Hello,

I purchased one of your crank operators 39-344 and it is slightly different from the one I am replacing. The picture below shows the old crank and new crank but there is a raised lip on the new crank that gets in the way that the old one doesn't have. (It almost looks like the lip on the old one was ground down to be level with the center plate). Do you happen to have the crank with the level edge/lip?

Let me know if you have any questions
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Unfortunately, your pictures did not come through. Can you please try reattaching them to this thread. If you having trouble uploading them here, please send them to help@swisco.com along with your reference/discussion number.

A quick learner says:
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named VAN.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Based on the photo of the body of the operator, it does appear that these could be the correct replacement. However, I'll need to see a photo of the entire operator to confirm the exact replacement.

In the meantime, confirm the dimensions shown on the diagrams below to determine if these are the correct replacements. If they are not a match, I'll especially need to see the photos.

Alternate image for 39-344
Alternate image for 39-344

Side profile view with measurements
Side profile view with measurements

A quick learner says:
These are the correct dimensions. Everything is the same except for that raised lip around the body.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Oh wow, I didn't see that at first, thank you for clarifying. I was able to do some research and confirm that this is the design of the operator now.

Is there someway that you could adapt the sill to fit the new operator? Our 39-344 may still work, but it would take some adaptation of the sill to make room for the newer operator to be installed.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.