A tip I used to make these work

A quick learner from Sorrento, Florida says:
These latches were not long enough for my application, the tip would not reach the openings in the window frame.

Just wanted to share what I did to make them work.

I cut the corner pieces down just inside the first hole in able to allow the latch to move further out towards the window frame. This worked for me although I may need a longer spring so the latches function the way they are designed to.

Right now I have to manually move the latches to engage the window frame, this is better than having no latches at all.

I also had to grind down the nub on the left side latch (the right side latch did not have the nub, although in the pic of the items it shows the nub on both latches)
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for the helpful tip! I'm sure others will find this helpful as well!

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.