Adding keylock to patio door

A home owner from USA says:
I have enclosed a lot of pictures. My latch easily pulls out after removing the two screws. My screws go through the latch and are secured into the wod core of the door. It looks like the existing holes can be used to drill through the rest of the door and new longer screws could hold the locking mechanism in place. In addition the flat metal piece of the latch handle that engages with the latch needs to be much longer so that it connects to the new key lock as well.

The door thickness looks to be around 1 13/16".

Please let me know if you sell the appropriate pieces for adding a keylock to my door.

Thank you,

Harold
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Latch parts.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Outside view.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Inside door latch and handle picture.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 7125A-3 Latch handle.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Latch distance fron inside.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look at the Andersen hardware related on this page, including the 82-316 and 82-317. Do you see the round protrusion in the back? See the little rectangular slot in that protrusion? The spindle for the 82-043 thumb latch would go through the mortise lock and into that slot. You would install the 82-316 or 82-317 on the opposite side of your door and have the latch and keylock spindles meet inside the door.

Keep in mind that you might have to cut a little off of both the thumb turn and the key turn tails so that they comfortably meet in the middle of the mortise latch. In the case of new installations, we recommend that you seek the aid of a professional since it can be a bit tricky and would require making permanent modifications to the door.

Alternate view of 82-317
Alternate view of 82-317

Alternate view of 82-317
Alternate view of 82-317

VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.