Non-Tilt Spiral Balances and Compatible Parts

A quick learner from 32765 says:

Please advise and provide links to replacement parts for my non-tilt windows. There are no markings on my existing parts.

The tube diameter is 3/8". It appears to me that I would need the following types:

1) Spiral Balances, 3/8", 29" length, Non-tilt

2) 1) Spiral Balances, 3/8", 31" length, Non-tilt

Additionally, as I read more on your site, the bracket dimensions are 3/8 x 5/16 x 1" (Flange x Hook x length). And the bracket has a "62" stamped on the back.

Which tensioning tool(s) would be appropriate and provide a link(s)?If you have time, please also provide a part number for this bottom window attachment and a link. Is there anything else I would need to repair my windows (wrt the balancers).

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Non-Tilt Spiral Balances
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Spiral Balance Tube
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Non-Tilt Balance Tab
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Spiral Balance Bracket
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bracket #62
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out! Your spiral balance assemblies appear to be the 3/8" Series 400 non-tilt spiral balances. For the 29" balance you'll need the S400-29 and for the 31" balance you'll need the S400-31. I do see that some of the balances have a red tip, however for the ones that don't, you may want to double check that your sashes do weigh between 10 to 22lbs for the 29" balances and 5 to 21lbs for the 31" balances.

The compatible bracket appears to be the 17-062 Metal Bracket, #62 given the shape and the number stamped on it. Take a look over the dimensions to confirm.

Alternate image for 17-062
Alternate image for 17-062

To add tension into the balance you'll need the 75-005 Spiral Balance Charging Tool for Non-Tilt Window.

Unfortunately, I would not be able to confirm if there are any other pieces of hardware you'll need to complete the repairs. You'll need to check the window for any other hardware that might be installed. If you do happen to find any, I'll need to see a photo of them to identify the replacement.

Thanks Jasmine ... Very good and succinct information.

I'm happy to help! Please don't hesitate to reach out with any other hardware repair questions.

Have a great day!

Jasmine, I didn't realize that the balancers did not come with the vinyl covers. Do you sell the 3/8" non-tilt balancer vinyl covers. If so, can you provide me with a link please?

I'm sorry to say that we do not carry balance covers. You'll need to contact a local window repair shop, they may be able to supply you with the replacements or point you in the right direction to purchase them.

Our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.