Alcan replacement parts

A handy person from Oldsmar, FL says:
I am in need of (2) ALCAN 2930 and (8) 3620 Channel Balances - from 1990 Alcan windows. I am also in need of the snap in glazing. The glazing measures 9/16 (instead of the 7/16 that the 55-092 shows) and is 7/32 the same as the 55-092. Additionally, the window locks are 2 3/4 inch (2 1/4 inch center of screw hole to screw hole).

Thank you for your assistance.
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thank you for posting,

To further review, we will need to see all hardware in question to review the overall styles. For the balance we will need to see one of them removed to view the top and bottom attachments. If you find that the attachments are different between the two stamps, we will need to see one of each.

For the glazing, we will need to see an undamaged piece removed where we can view a clear image of the end profile.

Lastly, a top profile picture of the sash lock. From there we can compare to our selection to determine possible replacement options. Thank you! 

Here are some pics. The top of the balance is broken off so I provided a picture of the top of one that is not as well.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Bottom Shoe
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Glazing
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Sash Lock
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance Top
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Balance Top

Thank you for the pictures,

The top being damaged I cannot fully confirm while the other is still installed, but I believe you have the S380 or S385 channel balance. You’ll need to measure as shown below. The Series 380 has a 1" bottom attachment, and the Series 385 has a 1-3/32" attachment. 

The metal channel length of the 2930 balance should be 30" long and 37" for the balance marked 3620. You will need to choose these stamp options when adding the balances to your cart. 

If you find any discrepancies, please let me know!  

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

For the sash lock, please start by reviewing the 90-180 to see how it compares to your original.

Dimensions for 90-180
Dimensions for 90-180

Unfortunately after reviewing, we are not able to provide a suitable replacement for this style of glazing material. You may need to contact the original manufacturer of the window for more information. 

It appears that the width of the balance shoe is closer to 7/8" than an inch. The length of the metal channels are 30 and 37

Any idea where to look for the glazing?

If the attachments match up except the depth, we can provide custom balances with the 19-005 top and 15-029 bottom.

Dimensions for 15-029
Dimensions for 15-029

Alternate view of 19-005
Alternate view of 19-005

I have sent over an order link for the quantitates needed with pricing for your review. Please note that custom orders are nonrefundable. If you need a different amount, let me know and I can update the link for you. 

Unfortunately we do not know where this exact style of glazing can be located. Let us know if you have any additional questions. 

I have sent a picture of a balance top from the other side of the window
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Top Attachment
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Front View
I also have two other broken pieces - the stop on top of the channel and the piece at the top of the window that keeps the balance in.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Top Sash Guide
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel Stop

Thank you,

The top attachment matches the 19-005 style.

Unfortunately we do not carry a replacement for the stop shown at the top of the window channel. I apologize for the inconvenience. For the top sash guide, please review the dimensions of the 18-161. Let me know if you have any additional questions! 

Detail of 18-161
Detail of 18-161

Profile view of 18-161
Profile view of 18-161

I think that if i get the rivet tool and rivets, I can get the top guides and replace them. Can you please put the correct rivets on this thread and rivet tool. I will then populate my basket with the items I need.

Thank you, you have been very helpful.

Please review the 62-005 rivet, 75-075 rivet tool and 75-502 drill bit. Take a look at the video below and let me know if you have any additional questions. 

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a channel balance attachment
How to replace a channel balance attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace an accessory on a channel balance
How to replace an accessory on a channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.