Alcan window channel balancers

A quick learner from Palm Coast,fl says:

I was wondering if I can get a price on two sets of channel balancers. They are 3/4" sq. X 30"l. The frame has a "b2940" stamped on it. I believe the windows are mfgd by Alcan. I'm guessing around 1992-1993. Thank you, Kevin W.

Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for posting! I'm happy to provide you with a recommendation for the replacement balances you need but I'll need to see a photo of an undamaged balance, removed from the window, to identify the correct replacement. Unfortunately, the stamp from the balance does not indicate the type of balance you need. It only tells us the weight range the balance should be able to carry to support the weight of your sash.

To properly identify them, I'll need to see a photo of any attachments that may be on the top or bottom of the balance.

If this is a tilt window, I'll need to see any attachments that could possibly be left behind in the window or that could possibly be attached to the bottom of the window. If there is a hook at the top of the balance, I'll need to see the space in the window channel where the hook connects.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions you might have in the meantime.

Hi jasmine, I'm not quite sure on how to send the photos to you. Normally I do by text. The windows are single hung with out a tilt in feature. If someone has a cell phone number I can send them to , great. Thanks, Kevin.

Hi Kevin,

There is an add photo button that will bring up a pop-up screen so that you can submit the photos. If you are having trouble doing so, unfortunately, we cannot give out our personal lines but you can text your photos to our customer service number. They can be sent to (888) 991-1929. 

Be sure to include the reference number for this discussion inquiry as well as your email address.

Sorry for the delay in sending these. Thanks Kevin
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel Balance Assembly
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Winged Balance Top
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Winged Bottom Shoe

Hello,

Thanks for the photos! Your balances appear to be the S380-30 with a 1" shoe and a 2940 stamp option; although, there is a strong chance your shoe could be the 15-029 Winged Channel Balance with a 7/8" depth. If the depth measure is 7/8", this will need to be a custom assembly.

To confirm, take a look over the diagram below to determine the dimension for the depth of your shoe. If it is 7/8" please let me know and I'll be happy to get an order link made up for you.

Profile view of a winged balance attachment
Profile view of a winged balance attachment

Hi Jasmine, it looks like my window slides would be a 15-029 w/a 7/8" shoe. I guess it's called a winged channel balance. The stamp was 2940 on the frame. I need 2 pr. But maybe I should only order one pair for now to see if these work out. Thanks, Kevin.

Thanks for confirming this information. I've forwarded a link with a quote for (2) of the requested balances. You'll be able to use this link to review the quote and place the order from your online cart.

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions!

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.