Alenco window parts

A quick learner from Waco Texas says:

The balance is 24 inches long and marked 23c. Also I need replacement caps for top of window itself. They are black and 5/8 by 5/8 internal measurement. Top is flat and measures 7/8 by 3/4. The windows are approximately 40 years old. Thank you. Mike 

Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there Mike!

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm afraid I can't use this description to identify your hardware. I would need to see an undamaged balance assembly and the "caps" in question removed from the window. Let me know if that's something you can get for us! 

I hope this helps. If not I can call. Just let me know. Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named wingless top fitting
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named bottom shoe fitting
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image23C stamped channel
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named broken top sash guide
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks for the additional photos! I'm afraid the top sash guide is too damaged to identify. Would it be possible for us to see a few photos of an undamaged version removed from the window sash? Specifically, we'd like to shots of the front and the side.

As for the balance, the photo of the bottom fitting is blurry so I can't tell if it has "wings" or not. If it is indeed winged, I'd recommend the S350-24. Feel free to upload a photo of the front of the shoe and I'd be happy to verify that for you. 

The 23C stamp may translate to our 2330 option. A pair of balances with this stamp will support a sash weighing 15 to 18 pounds. You can always weigh your sash though to confirm. 

Here are some pictures of the caps I need also thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named top sash guide
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named top sash guide
Sorry for the blurry. Are these better. I'm going to start out with six to eight sets again thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named wingless bottom shoe
Profile picture of Emily

It looks like you have a wingless shoe! In that case, you want the S351-24 or S390-24. The best match will depend on the depth of the bottom shoe as shown below.

As for the top sash guide, the 18-009 comes to mind. Have a look at the specifications and see if they match what you're searching for. 

Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S351 and S390 balance shoes.

I believe you are correct. So I ordered them. Thank you for your patience and help
Profile picture of Emily

No problem! Please let us know if you have any future hardware questions. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.