Aluminum Awning Window Operator

A home owner from USA says:

Dear Swisco,

I need to replace my Window Operator on my Florida Awning Windows in my Florida Room. The only Operator that is fairly close to mine is the 39-350

My operator's arm though is off set and has a threaded piece at the end of the arm that slide into the hole in the shoulder and a nut to secure it together. Since I cannot see inside of the 39-350, I can't tell if the inside crank is offset so that the straight arm would be in the right place. Also, How do I connect the 39-350 if it is the correct one. I've looked at every operator you have and this is the only one that everything measures correctly. It would be helpful if you added a picture of the 39-350 interior side so people can see if the crank arm is offset so that a straight connection arm is ok.

My bottom two holes are 1-3/8 inches apart from the center of the holes and from the top hole's center to the bottom hole's center is a perfect 5-1/4 inches.

I would greatly appreciate your help? Please see my picture below.

Yours Truly,

Gregory 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Awning Window Operator 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Awning window operator 3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window Operator.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Unfortunately, we do not carry an exact match for the operator shown in your photos. The 39-350 does not have the same offset arm as yours. One option would be to swap out the link arm with yours using the proper size rivet from a hardware store in your area.

The first operator I came across that might fit was the 39-025 operator but the mounting holes do not line up to yours. You could also consider using the 39-058 operator, whcih has the same offset arm and two holes at the top. However, you would need some type of threaded nut or a "sex" bolt and screw to attach it to your window linkage. Take a look at the suggested operators and parts related on this page and see what you think. 

A home owner from USA says:
Can you please take a second look at your 39-350 for me. I know the attached arm isn't offset like mine but sometimes the main part the arm is attached to inside the housing is offset. Therefore I wouldn't need an offset arm. Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230901_230451.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, the base arm that connects to the gears of the 39-350 is also straight, which tends to be the case with newer-style box operators. 

How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.