American craftsman window parts

A quick learner from elkins park pa says:
These are American craftsman windows. Sold at Home Depot. They are about 25 years old. I need two window latches, eight weatherproofing strips, and two new lifters.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Spiral balance
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Broken latch
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Spiral housing
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Tilt latch
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I would recommend starting by comparing the specifications of the (3/8") S900 and (5/8") S600 spiral balances to your assembly depending on the diameter of your housing tube. It also look like you'll need red tip options for your replacements.

As for your tilt latches, we may be able to help but we'll need you to write out the exact distance between the installation hole centers to narrow down your options. We'll also need to see the locking toot of an intact latch removed from the window.

We also carry a selection of weatherstripping but we would need to see a clear end profile photo of your seal uninstalled to compare to our inventory. See the videos related on this page to assist you. Thank you! 

A quick learner from elkins park pa says:
Well, I can't believe what great service you have!

I believe the rod tip is orange, not red and the rod length not including the tip is 26 inches. The rod diameter is 9/16.

For the weatherstripping, the height of the pile is 33/ 128 and the width is 37/128 according to my digital caliper

As for the window latch, the window and the latch are one and a half inches wide, and the screws are 2 7/8 on center, externally, mounted.

I think this is all the information you need, let me know if there is anything else.

Many thanks, Walter
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Tube diameter
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Tip color
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7179.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7178.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_7173.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for getting back to us. Since 9/16" is often referred to as 5/8" in the trade, you would need the S600-26 spiral balances. You do have red tips even though they often look closer to orange. 

As for the weatherstripping, take a look at the 58-045, which measures 9/32" wide by 1/4" high. 

Profile view of 58-045
Profile view of 58-045

Unfortunately, we do not have an exact match for your tilt latches but the 26-163 has the same hole spacing. We can't make any guarantees but review the specifications below to see if they might work for your application. 

Alternate image for 26-163
Alternate image for 26-163

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify a replacement spiral balance
How to identify a replacement spiral balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
How to replace wool pile weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
How to Cut Out Pile Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.