Andersen Storm Door

A quick learner from USA says:
I have an Andersen storm door (model 2000 I believe) that has the useless plastic retaining strips that are a bitch to get in. Do you sell an alternative? Clips would be fine even if I need to drill a hole. Thanks.

This is the end profile of the retaining piece but im not looking to replace them- I have plenty of these plastic retention parts and the design itself is just awful.
I've read that yoy have clips that can be used
Even if I be need to drill for a screw to hold them on that's ok. I am more concerned that these plastic strips will not hold the glass door in and that the door will shatter
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Retaining Strip
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Retaining Strip 2
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

The problem with these long retainer strips is that every different door company changes the style that they use almost every year. This makes it next to impossible for companies like ours to keep up. If you're looking for an alternative, we suggest considering something like our 70-180 storm door clip and drilling a hole for a 33-020 screw. Take a look and see what you think. 

Alternate image for 70-180
Alternate image for 70-180

Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.