Anlin Catalina Hardware

A quick learner from Santa Rosa CA says:
Hello,

I just purchased a house with older Anlin Catalina windows. They are in decent condition overall, however all the hardware needs to be replaced. Anlin themselves referred me to your company for parts as I am outside of the windows warranty and their service department is over capacity as it is.

The pivot bars are 3" and resemble the photo attached (I saw that you recommended your part 26-415 for another customer and wanted to know if you ever got feedback about if they worked for the Anlin Catalina windows).

All of my windows with a stamp above 7 are double coil. Will a single 9 coil work in the place of a 5+4 double coil? (Series 140 coils) Same question goes for a 10 to replace a 5+5.

The locks are 2 3/4" wide with hole spacing 2 1/4"

The internal tilt latches are 2 5/8"

Thank you so much for your help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Sash Lock
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pivot Bar
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil Balance
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Sticker
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Tilt Latch
Profile picture of Lauren
Lauren from SWISCO responded:

Hello, thank you for posting,

For the tilt latches, start by reviewing the style and dimensions of the 26-243 and 26-244. We do not have an exact match for the sash lock. The closest we carry is the 90-274 which we have recommended in the past for your Anlin style lock, but pay close attention to the back set. We have gotten mixed reviews from customers if the 11/16" backset matches up as well. Let me know! 

As for the pivot bar, since you are changing out the coil balances as well with the Series 140, we recommend reviewing the 26-398 or 26-405. Compare them both to see how they match up to your original. You will want to make sure one of the installation hole distances matches up to your original to install into the frame correctly. 

Yes, the 4+5 marking should indicate that the coil balance can support 9 pounds of weight, if so, you can use the single coil S140-9. To test this, I would recommend weighing the sash to confirm if weighs 18 pounds. This is the same case for the 5+5 marking and using the S140-10 coil balance.

Please review and let me know if you have any additional questions! 

How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.