Awning window operators

A quick learner from Jacksonville Florida says:
The only lettering/numbers found are "4714-1 w2" on the crank handle.
Distance between bottom holes (1 3/8" apart) to top holes is 5 1/4"
The link arm is 2"center-of-hinge to the center hole at the end. The link arm also has a manufactured bend in it.The housing is wedge-shaped in depth. 1 1/2" deep near the top holes, 1 3/4" deep at the bottom at the crank end.The inside arm with the gear teeth measures 2 5/8" from the central pivot point to the center of the distant hole (where the link arm attaches)
A home owner from Usa says:
I tried using the online parts identifier but I'm not sure if the photos uploaded or not...
A quick learner from Jacksonville Florida says:
Today 10:14 pm

Hello,
I am trying to find a replacement for my window crank mechanisms (operators) for my awning windows. Prior to purchasing the home last month, (Florida home built in 1958, original awning windows throughout the house.) it appears that several of the operators were replaced, I think with an incorrect replacement...some don't close all the way.
There really isn't much info online as far as repairing or troubleshooting these windows, aside from replacing the operators. Now I find that there are dozens available and no one to help...until I found you!

The only lettering/numbers found on the originals are "4714-1 w2" on the crank handle.
Distance between bottom holes (1 3/8" apart) to top holes is 5 1/4"
The link arm is 2"center-of-hinge to the center hole at the end. The link arm also has a manufactured bend in it.The housing is wedge-shaped in depth. 1 1/2" deep near the top holes, 1 3/4" deep at the bottom at the crank end.The inside arm with the gear teeth measures 2 5/8" from the central pivot point to the center of the distant hole (where the link arm attaches)
I've attached some pictures to help.
Thank you in advance,
David
Awning window operators
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Going by your measurements, I believe you have an older style Stanley awning window. Take a look at our 39-057 and 39-058 to start out and see if these match up to the operators you need. Also take a look at the video below, that may help.

Before you install a new operator, I recommend trying to manually open and close the window to make sure that there isn't anything else hanging it up. Perhaps use a type of spray lubricant to make sure you windows open and close smoothly.
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
How to Replace an Awning Window Operator [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.