Balance Needed for Revere "Signature Two" Tilt Replacement Windows

A home owner from Glen Allen, Virginia says:

Hello!

I have attached two pics of the broken window balance for the Revere Signature Two Tilt Replacement Window located in my upstairs back bedroom. The replacement window was installed nearly 20 years ago.

The channel that the spring fits in measures 26". The spring is 13.5".

There is a marking on the back of the channel that reads "26C BS1". I'm not certain if "BS1" is actually "BSI" or "BSL". It looks like "BS1" to me.

If you zoom in, you'll see where the spring broke away from the top of the channel where the mounting screw hole is located. It looks like the spring's tension broke the bar and rivet (zoom in on pieces) holding it in place. That breakage also caused the top of the channel to spread out and bend.

If you need additional pics or measurements or the serial number of the replacement window, please let me know.

Thank you for your kind assistance!

Sincerely,

Robert 

If I don't answer, please leave your name and telephone number and I'll call you right back.

Sent: August 28, 2023

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230828_133147.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230828_132851.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there, Robert.

Thank you for reaching out to us. My recommendation is the S770-26 with the 26C stamp option based on what you show here. Take a look at the specifications and let us know if you have any questions!

A home owner from Glen Allen, Virginia says:

Hi Emily!

Thank you for your response on August 29 and for helping me to locate the correct Channel Balance ("S770-26 - 26C") for the Revere Signature Replacement Window in our upstairs back bedroom.

I recently spoke to a local representative for Alside Supply Center and he recommended that if one window balance is defective, I should go ahead and replace both of them. I agree completely!

Before placing an order, I will test the remaining Revere Signature Replacement Windows to determine if I need to purchase any additional window balances or pivot shoes.

We also have two large Revere Advantage Replacement Windows downstairs, one of which definitely needs new window balances and pivot shoes. I'll send you several pics so that you can recommend which replacement parts to order.

Please note that all of the Revere double-hung Replacement Windows in our home were installed in 2003. At that time, we also built a sunroom on the back of our home and the contractor installed new construction double-hung Revere Concord Windows.

Unfortunately, several of the Concord windows need new pivot shoes. Please review the attached pic and let me know which pivot shoe to order.

Also, the Concord window sash unfortunately doesn't have a space for easy removal/installation of the pivot shoe. Other than purchasing expensive jam spreaders, is there another way to remove/replace the pivot shoe?

Thanks again for your kind assistance! I hope you have a nice weekend!

Sincerely,

Robert

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230831_185701.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

The pivot shoe shown here reminds me of the 15-135 but I recommend you remove yours from the window to confirm the dimensions align. I also recommend the cutout method as shown below to remove your old one. 

Alternate image for 15-135
Alternate image for 15-135

How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.