Balance parts for Lax windows

A quick learner from Leland North Carolina says:
I need to replace the parts on 1 window that keeps it from falling down after you open the window. Mine keeps dropping back down. I just want to see if you have the parts and how much? So I can repair it myself.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Coil Balance Assembly
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Inverted Coil Assembly
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hey there,

Thanks for posting! Your balance assembly appears to be an inverted coil balance assembly of some sort. I believe you can use our 15-251 Inverted Universal Single Support, however you'll need to carefully review the hardware to confirm this will work as a replacement. Please let me know if your assembly uses more than one coil balance spring.

The coil spring compatible with this support is the Series 160 Coil Balance. To confirm the exact coil needed, you'll need to check for any stamps/markings that will indicated the spring strength needed. For example, if your coils are stamped with a 9, you'll need the S160-9

If there are no stamp/markings or they are hard to read, you'll need to obtain the exact weight of the sash and divide it by the total number of coils in the window.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.