Balance, pivot bars, guides

A contractor from says:
The balances are marked with 2340 and 2840. They have no nylon tops or bottoms. these are tilt windows. I also need the pivot bars and guide shoes/blocks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230707_142233.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230707_142301.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230706_091516.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230706_090413.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! I am confident that we can supply with the replacement balances needed for your window but they will need to be a custom order. So I'll need to see a bit more information before I am able to provide you with the order links. 

To start, may I please see a photo of the top of the balance and how it installs? I'm looking to see if it needs a rivet or if it screws into the top of the window.

I'll also need to see a photo of the pivot bars removed from the window to make the most accurate replacement recommendation.

Finally, I'll need to know the exact number of balances you are looking to purchase for each stamp. There is an order minimum of (2) balance per custom balance.

A contractor from Florida says:
Here are additional pictures. Pivot bar and balance rod top. I will need 3 pivot bars and 2 2840 balances.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230711_130141.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230711_125555.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230711_125545.jpg

Thanks for the photos. There is one more piece of information I forgot to confirm regarding the balances; my apologies. Can you confirm the length of the metal channel? It should either be 28" or 29".

In regard to the pivot bar, we did at one time carry the replacements for them. However, they have been discontinued and are no longer made. We have not been able to source a suitable replacement for them, unfortunately. I do apologize that we cannot be of assistance with this part of your repair.

A contractor from Florida says:
29 inches. That's not good to here about pivot bar discontinued.

Thanks for confirming the length. I've forwarded a link with a quote for the (2) requested balances. Please be aware that they will have a 29D stamp which can support a sash weighing between 23 to 28lbs. You may want to double check the sash weight before placing the order since custom balances are non-refundable and non-returnable.

The compatible shoe is part 15-105

You'll be able to use the link to review the pricing for the balances and to place the order from your online cart.

Again, our sincerest apologies that we cannot provide a replacement for the pivot.

Feel free to reach out with any questions you may have.

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.