Balance replacement

A quick learner from Gallatin Tn says:
I have a older Swisco balance and need a replacement. Photo included. The overall length is 27.5" and the diameter of the spring is 3/8". The spring alone is 16".
Please give me your replacement part number

Thanks a lot

MB
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. Your balances appear to be the discontinued crossbow style balance. These have been converted to use our Series 795 Channel Balances. Specifically, you would need the S795-27

To confirm that these balances will be a situatable replacement, you'll need to obtain a few measurements from your existing balances. To start, I would recommend double checking the diameter of your spring. The width of our Series 795 Balances is 1/2". So if yours are 3/8" we may need to get you set up with a different balance replacement.

You'll also need to confirm the width of the bottom T-shaped attachment. It will either be 1" or 1-1/4" across the bottom of the T shape.

Take a look at the video below for instructions on this balance conversion and the information you'll need to determine the correct balances. Let me know if you have any questions.

The spring is indeed 3/8" diameter. The width of the T attachment is 1"

Thank yoi

Thanks for confirming.  The final piece of information I'll need from you is the weight of the sash. I'll need to know this to ensure the replacements will support the weight of your sash correctly. I'll also need it to check pricing and availability for the stamp option you need.

These will need to be custom order balances, so I'll need to know the exact number of balances you are looking to purchase to get the order link made up for you. There is an order minimum of (2) balances per custom balance.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

This is my second reply. For some reason they say they are being flagged as spam.

I need 2 replacements. The weight of the sash is 18 lbs

Thank you

Thanks for confirming. I've forwarded a link with a quote for the (2) requested balances. You'll be able to use this link to review the pricing and place your order.

Be sure to check your spam/junk folder if you do not find the email in your primary inbox.

Feel free to reach out with any questions.

Jasmine, will the balances you quoted have a bottom attachment that is compatible with my existing pivot bar?
Also, the quote says delivery is late September. Is this correct or is there that much lag time?

Thank you

I'll need to see a photo of your existing pivot bar to determine if the shoe from the recommended balances would be compatible. This balance will have the 15-230 T-Lock Shoe attached.

Yes, the estimate for the lead time is correct. It accounts for the time it may take them to come from the manufacturer to our warehouse and then to be shipped to you.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Jasmine, I am attaching photos pf the swivel bar that is on the windows with measurements. Please include the correct bars if these will not work with the new balances.

I addition, I measured the window channel and it will accept a 1/2" balance if that would speed up delivery.
Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3859.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3860.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3861.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3862.jpeg

Thanks for reaching out! This pivot bar is not compatible with the Series 752 channel balance, so you would need to purchase the 26-448. Take a look over the dimensions to confirm that at least one of the installation holes lines up with the your existing pivot bar.

Dimensions for 26-448
Dimensions for 26-448

I can only make the replacement recommendation based on the information you've confirmed with me. Based on what you've provided the custom balance appears to be the best replacement for your window.

In our experience, the two balances are not interchangeable regardless of the amount of room available in the channel. They balance assemblies are very different from one another and we do typically advise replacing the original hardware with anything other than an exact match.

Should you choose to move forward with the S795 balance, then you will need to purchase the 15-194 shoe as well. Although, you should be aware that this may not fit in the window. This shoe is compatible with your existing pivot bar.

You will need to use your discernment in purchasing these items. We do have a 30 day return policy in the event that the hardware does not work and the full return policy can be review here.

I hope this helps!

How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.