Balancer

A quick learner from Milwaukee says:

Hello. I'm trying to locate this balancer. It's from an Armaclad sound solution window from 2013. This one is 13/16" thick, I need one closer to a 1/2" thick.

Thanks,

Seth 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230607_101221.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi, Seth.

I'm a bit confused. You said the part pictured here is 13/16" but you need one that is closer to 1/2". May we see a photo of the original pivot shoe that you need to be closer to 1/2"?

The shoe is like the one pictured. I just need the entire balancer to be closer to 1/2" thick. Hope that answers your question.
Profile picture of Emily

It does! Thanks for clarifying. Our Series 210 was the first part to come to mind but this is 7/8" thick. I recommend you take a look at the Series 161 which measures 9/16" thick. Review the specifications and see if they match what you're looking for.

Do these come in different tensions? If so, I need a #7
Profile picture of Emily

They do, yes! You can find the full stamps and coil weights here but see the S210-07. A pair of these 7 lb assemblies will carry 13 to 14.99 pounds.

I would need one for the left side of the window inside looking out. Is that possible?
Profile picture of Emily

The Series 210 balance can work for either the left or right hand side interchangeably. That said, we always recommend replacing both balances for a single window sash at the same time. In other words, if you replace one side then you really should replace the other.

The reason for this is because the older a balance gets, the more tension is lost from use and age. If you mix an old and new balance together, then the new balance has to work twice as hard to pick up the slack for its weaker partner, which causes excess strain.

It's ultimately up to you, of course, but I thought I'd add my two cents before you make a purchase.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.