Balancer

A professional from Summerville sc says:
Top balance is an 8 bottom is a 6. Shoe has a part number 485.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230817_094821.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230817_094811.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230817_094754.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230817_094731.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230817_094727.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, we do not have an exact match for the pivot shoe, however, there is a chance that our 17/32" thick 15-199 could work as a replacement for you. Compare the dimensions to your existing shoe to determine if this is the right fit.

If so, this pivot shoe is used with either the 1/2" thick S160 coil spring or the 3/8" thick S165 coil spring. You'll need to measure your coil to confirm the correct coil series. Thank you! 

Alternate view of 15-199
Alternate view of 15-199

I guess I really only need the coils. But what about the plastic housing for the coils? Yall don't carry that?
Profile picture of Casey

We do carry housings for the coil springs. Once you determine the correct replacement based on the thickness, you can find the compatible housing parts under the related items section of the coil product page. 

Last question.. 1 coil has a "10" and the other has a "9" stamped. What does the stamp represent?
That shoe is pretty close. Mine is 1 5/8
Profile picture of Casey

The stamp represents the amount of weight the coil will support. If you have a 9 and 10 coil on each side, that would indicate that you have a window sash that weighs roughly 38 pounds. If you're unsure if your stamps are correct, you can also weigh the sash and divide the weight by the number of coils used on both sides. 

1/2" coil width also. And my shoe is 1 5/8 I attached picture on last post
Profile picture of Casey

It seems like you're referring to the height of the pivot shoe. As long as the width and thickness match yours, the 15-199 could still work for you since you have the entire length of the window jamb to compensate for the slight difference. 

If the original coils measure 1/2" wide and are stamped with 9 and 10, see the S160-9 and S160-10

Is there a replacement for the whole balance I originally asked about?
Profile picture of Casey

Unfortunately, we do not carry an exact replacement for the original coil balance assembly shown in your initial photos. There is a good chance that it was discontinued since we have come across it a few times in the past and have not been able to locate an exact replacement. The 15-199 pivot shoe and coils that we discussed, along with the related parts shown on our product pages, would be our best replacement options. 

How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
How to Replace a Triple Coil Balance System
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
Removing a Triple Coil Window Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.