Balances needed

A quick learner from Monrovia, MD says:
I have 6 windows where the old balance clips that attach to the springs have broken.
My existing balances are 36" and say 36C BS1 on them. I assume I would need the 795 Balance 36" long.
My existing cams are Open cams 1 1/4" shoe width.
My exitsting pivot bars are the same measurements as the 26-021 so I would need those.
Can you please confirm the parts I would need.
Also, what type of lubricant should be used? I just tried Blaster Silicone Lubricant on two windows and they are even squeakier than before.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5531.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5532.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5533.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5528.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5529.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! It appears that you've selected the correct replacements for your balances. Although the open cam shoe is sold separately as part 15-195B. Take a look at the video below for an idea on how to swap them out.

You'll also want to confirm the attachment from the top of your balance and the shape of the hole it attaches to. If it is circular in shape, you'll need a custom assembly.

As for lubricating your balances, the best solution is to use a silicone based spray. If they are still squeaking, it may mean there is still debris in the window channel or the balances need to be replaced.

A quick learner from Monrovia, MD says:
Is there a way to confirm the attachment on the top of my existing balance without unscrewing it? Attached is a picture.

Does the 795 balance come with instructions?

Does the 795 balance include new pivot bars?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5544.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Yes, the difference between the attachments is whether it screws or hooks into the window channel. Since your screws in, you'll need the S795-36 with a 36C stamp and you'll need to purchase the 15-195B shoe separately.

The pivot bars are also sold separately from the assembly, so you'll need to remember to add those to the cart along with the balance and the shoe.

For instructions on removing/installing these balances, take a look at the video below; starting at the 3 minute and 14 second mark.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.