Bar and window latch missing

A quick learner from Mooresville, NC says:
Attached is an image of a window with the bar and latch in place, and an image of them missing. I need this bar and replacement latch. the bar is 20 5/8" long. I appreciate your help with these parts.

Thanks,
Dan
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Missing window latch.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Exisitng Window Latch.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I believe we can help, but we'll need a little more information. First, for the glazing bead--can you show us a cross-section view of one of the glazing strips you still have? That end profile view is crucial for identification. Secondly, for the window lock keeper, can you tell us the distance between the center of each mounting hole? That will help a ton in narrowing down your options. Many thanks. 

A quick learner from Mooresville, NC says:
The screws on the latch side are 2 1/4" apart. I am assuming both sides are the same distance. I don't have a piece of the glazing bead with me, but it measures 1/2" x 1/4" and has a small tail off of one corner that slides / locks into the window frame, see the image attached.

Also, attached is an image of a sliding glass door roller, it appears similar to your #81-005, would you agree?

Thanks,

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Glazing Strip.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named sliding door roller close.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks, Dan, these photos are a huge help. To start with, all the parts you're showing me here are discontinued and no longer made. However I do think we sell modern equivalents that will work just as well. There are just one or two concerns that we have to address first.

Starting with the glazing bead, my top suggestion would be the 55-015. This has the same general shape as yours and installs the same way, but it isn't the same size. Ours is only 3/16" thick, rather than 1/4".

This ordinarily wouldn't be an issue except for one important detail: we don't sell a keeper that can fit on a 3/16" shelf. The closest match we have to your original keeper is our 90-183, but this is 1/4" thick. That means it would overhang a little, which is no good. We don't sell anything as skinny as what you'd need for this. It's just not made anymore, unfortunately.

The parts mentioned may still work, but it's not a guarantee. It may take some creative adaptation on your end to get them to fit properly in this window. Look over our dimensions in each case and see what you think.

As for the roller, our 81-005 is the replacement for your original, yes. I've used it myself several times and find that it works well.

Profile view of 55-015
Profile view of 55-015

Dimensions for 90-183
Dimensions for 90-183

How to identify patio door rollers
How to identify patio door rollers
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
How to Replace a Patio Sliding Glass Door Roller [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
Replacing Glazing Bead and Glass in an Aluminum Window Sash
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
How to Replace Vinyl Window Glazing Bead
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
How to replace a sliding glass door roller
GUIDE
READ >
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
Identifying the right replacement roller for your sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
How to Replace Insulated Glass in an Aluminum Window with Snap-In Glazing
GUIDE
READ >
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
How to Replace Glazing in a Vinyl Window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.