Bi Fold door part

A quick learner says:
I own several condos in a condo complex that all have metal bi-fold closet doors. Many of the guide rods are missing at the top and bottom. I'd like to replace all the ones that are missing and purchase a few more to keep if anymore should go missing. I'm not sure which rods for either the top or bottom are the correct ones as it appears that the previous owners throughout the years have changed many of them out which all appear to be different. I have some with springs around the shaft and some without, some shafts are shorter than others. All shafts however do mic out to .325 of an inch. Most appear to be about 6 inches long. They run through about two and a half inches of frame work that contains a plastic clip with a screw. The condos were built in 1968 if that helps. I could send you folks a picture of the doors if need be. What can you tell me?

The rods ranged from 5-1/4" to 6-1/2"

All their shafts diameters measure .325 of an inch which is between 5/16ths and 21/64ths of an inch.

Some have springs and others do not.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Many thanks for your correspondence. I believe we can help, but we need more information. Can you show us the back of the bifold door, where the pins fit into? That should help us determine the manufacturer, and will help us narrow down the possible options. Any manufacturing label on the door would be a help to see as well. We shall do our best to identify the parts needed from there. Many thanks. 

A landlord from livermore says:
Paul, I just found a tag on the inside of the doors that reads, Welowood United States Plywood Corp. 777-3rd ave. New York (Door Department).

Clark

PS Sent 4 or 5 photos previously
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named imcaf4.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named imcaf3.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named imcaf5.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named imcaf7.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named imcaf8.jpeg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Thanks again for getting back to us. What you're showing here is the original Slimfold door whose pins have been replaced with a newer style. My first recommendation will be one 21-001 bottom adjusting pin; based on your photos, you can reuse the old pivot clamp after you make the adjustment on 21-001 pin. I also recommend three 21-007 spring loaded pins; one for the top pivot and the other two for the top and bottom guide pins. No rod clamps are needed for these. Lastly, I pulled up a list of other accessories you might need for your rehab job and some media guides for further explanation. You can find these listed on this page.

How to install bi-fold closet door pins
How to install bi-fold closet door pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
How to Install Bi-Fold Closet Door Pins
VIDEO
WATCH >
Bi-fold Door Repairs
Bi-fold Door Repairs
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.