Block and Tackle Sash Part Inquiry

A home owner from Virginia Beach, VA says:

Disco,

Requesting part number identification for a 32" block and tackle sash balance.

Part is stamped "32B" and appears to align best with your part number 795 part (32B).

Thank you for your time and effort!

Brad 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named missing top
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_1135.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named schew hole hook
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 32B stamped channel
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Thank you for reaching out to us, Brad. I'm afraid I can't confirm if this is the Series 795 from these photos alone. Would it be possible for us to see the shoe attachment? 

It's also important to note that the S795 installs at the top of the window with a screw. Can you confirm how yours mounts? 

Attached is a photo of the shoe. I've replaced on balance with the 15-236 - 1-1/4" T-Lock Spring Shoe, Closed Cam.

The window balances attaches via the shoe on the bottom. The hook and pulley at the top of the balance is connected to the window via a hole in the window frame and metal hook pictured in the previous photo.

Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named recessed stem t lock shoe
Profile picture of Emily

Thanks for getting back to me! This is indeed our Series 795 but it must be a custom order since your balance uses a hook for installation. If you can tell me the number of balances you're looking for, I can draft a price quote. 

Would like to price out 4 balances. This will give me a spare set in the future. Thank you for your time!
Profile picture of Emily

You got it! I'll go and email you a purchase link and price quote for (4) S795-32 balances with the 32B stamp and 15-198 hook attached. Your old shoe with the recessed stem won't fit in our metal channel but you can use the shoe that comes attached with the Series 795 by default. 

Please note that there is a 5-6 week lead time as well since the 15-198 hook is presently out of stock. 

Thank you. Can the balance be sent without the balance clip attachment? I have those on hand for my balances.

Profile picture of Emily

Are you referring to the T-lock shoe or the 15-198 hook? If it's the T-lock shoe, I'm afraid your old shoe and the 15-236 shoes you purchased aren't compatible with our Series 795 metal channel. The recessed stem is designed to fit into a metal channel with a groove which our hardware lacks. 

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.