Bottom clip for 28C

A quick learner from Austin, Texas says:
3 photos are provided to help identify the broken part. Manufacturer of window and spring device is unknown.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel Balance Clip
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel Balance Assembly
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel Balance Hook
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hey there,

Thanks for writing in! I am confident we can supply you with the replacement balances needed to complete your repairs, however to ensure we are supplying with the correct part, I'll need a bit more information. There is a likelihood that this may need to be a custom assembly.

To start, I'll need to see a photos of the other compatible hardware, like any shoes and/or attachments that could be left behind in the window channel. Please also confirm the length of the balance.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

The rail is 28 inches exactly. The windows are not custom and the contractor tells me they were purchased at Lowe's about two years ago. I included photos of ALL hardware I found. There are no shoes or any other hardware. The balance is connected at the top and bottom by a steel clip, the bottom clip being the broken one.

Thank you so very much for your help. I'm very frustrated that I can't provide you more info.
Balance is 1/2 inch wide.

Thank you for the additional information, 

Do you possibly have a similar window where there is an undamaged balance installed that we can see? We would need to see clear images of the top and bottom to see how they install into the window channel using these hook clips. Thank you! 

Included is a photo that shows how the balance is attached to the top of the window frame. A clip, shown in previous photos, attaches directly to the window frame.

Unfortunately the pictures did not come through. Are you able to resubmit? We will need to see a picture of the bottom installation as well. Thank you! 

I will provide more pictures next Monday, but I have confirmed that the windows are Reliabilt brand, series 46000, by Tafco. Purchased at Lowes in April, 2022.

Thanks for confirming this information. Although, unfortunately, we cannot use it to identify the replacement balances you need. The balances you have are not a standardly made assembly. 

In addition to the photos of the undamaged balances, please be sure to include photos of any other compatible hardware. You'll need to take a look in the window channel to see if there are any other pieces of hardware that could still be attached to the bottom of the sash.

Given the attachments on the balance, it appears that this is made for a tilt window, so there has to be some component (a pivot shoe) that the bottom hook of the balance attaches to for the window to operate properly.

Please feel free to reach out with any other questions you might have in the meantime.

Requested photos of operable identical window.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3352.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3351.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3350.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3349.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_3348.jpeg

Thanks for confirming this information. The balances you have will need to be a very custom order. The replacements will be assembled with the 15-198 Balance Hook at the top of the balance and the 19-029 Short S-Clip attached to the bottom.

I've forwarded a link with a quote for (2) of the requested balances; there is an order minimum of (2) balances per custom balance. If you would like a larger quantity of balances please let me know and I would be happy to update the quote for you.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.