Broken Parts Won't Allow Window to Stay up

A handy person from Massachusetts says:
See photos attached from my Kohler windows. The window has two of these on the bottom of the lower sash that permit it to fit into the balance mechanism. Both are broken off. One photo is of a good part, taken from the bottom angle of a working window. The other photo is of a broken part. The remaining portion of the part in the photo is still screwed to the bottom of the sash with 2 screws. The marking on the part says, "LIC PAT 5,059,001." Can you identify it, and do you have a replacement?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0085.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_2595.jpeg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. See our 26-369 Pivot Bar. This looks like it might be similar, but compare the dimensions below with an undamaged pivot bar if possible and see if this matches what you have.

Alternate image for 26-369
Alternate image for 26-369
Alternate view of 26-369
Alternate view of 26-369
Alternate view of 26-369
Alternate view of 26-369

Thanks Bob. The pivot bar you referred me to is too small. My broken ones I have appear to be 2 11/16 long. The flared portion is larger too. By the way, I provided the wrong patent number in my original post. It is 5,069,001.
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for getting back to us. The overall length and flare size doesn't matter so much. What's more important is the size of the tip that goes into the shoe (3/16" tall by 5/16" wide) and the hole placement. As long as the tip is the same size, and as long as the active screw hole is in the same position, then it should work well in your window.

It worked Bob. I just had to ensure the part stuck out from the side of the window the same distance and make new holes. Thanks for your help.
Profile picture of Bob

Great, I'm glad to hear it! Best of luck on the rest of the project and please don't hesitate to reach out if you had any other questions.

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.