Broken hardware so window stay open for a Duraseal

A home owner from San Francisco, California says:
The measurements are: 3 3/4" Length, 1' wide
These are two vertical pieces for each side to hold the window open.
It is made by Duraseal, a vinyl single-hung window.

Please give me a call or email me to let me know if you have these pieces available.

Thank you!
Nancy
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 819A window part 1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 819A window part 2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 819A window part 3.PNG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hey Nancy. This appears to be our 15-102 Double Side Load Carrier. This carrier contains our Series 145 Coil Balances. The springs are the actual components that regulate the window movement. If any are missing or torn you will need to replace them. To replace specific coil springs, look for a stamp on the spring tape that indicates their 'spring weight' or the weight that they are designed to support. If there are none or you are unsure, give us the exact weight of the window sash that these assemblies support, and we can work out what you need.

A home owner from San Francisco, California says:
Thank you for your response, Bob! I think the number imprinted on the coil sprint is 6.

Is there a tutorial video or written instructions on installing the pieces (double-side load carrier) into the window?

Thank you again! I am so glad you guys carry the pieces since I asked a few people and they have no idea what I am talking about and want me to locate the manufacturer directly.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Window coil sprint 819A on 6.11.2023.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We don't have a video tutorial for these, unfortunately, but I will try to summarize the installation process as clearly as I can. 

These coil springs install differently than other assemblies in that the coil attaches directly to the jamb itself. This presents a unique type of installation.

1. You'll note slots in the jamb where the balance installs; your first step is to rotate the springs into those slots, making sure that the end tabs are facing up.
  2. Next, snap the 15-103 spring carrier over the springs. Take care that the lowest pocket is used first. Then use both hands to apply downward pressure to hold the carrier firmly against the jamb, carefully extending both the carrier and springs downward together. (Note that the springs are loaded under tension, so this will require some elbow grease. Make sure to keep a firm grip on the carrier so that it doesn't slip away from you; if it does, it will shoot back up the track.)
  3. When the balance is in alignment with the lock slot in the jamb, press the sash lock completely into the lock slot. It is imperative that the lock be flush with the carrier to ensure full engagement.
  4. You can repeat these steps for the opposite side.
  5. Once both sides are installed, load the sash above the carrier assemblies and center it between the jambs. Ease the sash down into a resting position on the carriers, then apply slight downward pressure to the sash to unlock them. They will now be free to operate as normal.

Hopefully this information helps you. Please feel free to reach out if you had any other questions. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.