Broken latch Pella sliding screen door

A handy person from Walnut Creek ca says:
The outside thumb latch broke, and I'm trying to identify the part on your Webb website. Mine does not look like anything that you have. The pictures show inside Handel to remove, once removed I Don't know how to access the latch. No screws on the jam side to open up and it seems to be spring loaded. I'm afraid if I take it apart, won't be able to put it back. You
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pella Screen Frame
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pella Thumb Lever
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Pella Screen Handle
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out! Your Pella screen handle reminds me of the 83-123 Pella Interior Screen Door Handle XO. To confirm that this is the right replacement for your existing screen handle carefully review and compare the dimensions below.

To remove it, you will need to pop the Pella emblem from the front of the handle. Removing this will allow you to remove the handle from the screen.

Alternate image for 83-123
Alternate image for 83-123

A handy person from Walnut Creek ca says:
Thank you for the response. I did remove the Pella emblem along with the handle. And yes it does look like your pic. My problem is how does that mechanism pull out? I've tried to pull it push it and it's spring loaded. I'm afraid if I do pull it out, I would release a spring loaded mechanism. The pic does not show the release lever that goes from the jam to the other side that's what broke
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

It sounds like you might be referring to the 83-115 Pella latch. Yours would likely be used along with the 83-119 Pella Screen Protector. 

Take a look at the 'How to Replace a Pella Sliding Screen Door Latch' video below. It shows a detailed demonstration on to replace this hardware. Your hardware is a bit different than what is shown in the video but the process should still be the same.

How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
How to replace a Pella sliding screen door latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.