Broken lock on exterior sliding glass door

A home owner from Beverly MA says:
Two problems: Previous owner did not leave keys to this door. I need to replace the lock with a new one with keys.

The brass mortise hook is broken. It's wiggly and does not catch the receiver plate.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Exterior lock plate.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named interior lock.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Side view Installled.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Disassembled lock.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for your patience during this busy season. I've never seen this handle style before, but you may be able to use our 82-310 key lock as a replacement. This is a very common sight on similar patio glass sliding doors. My hope is that your handle is just a unique design and otherwise works the same as what one normally sees on this kind of door. See what you think.

For the mortise, see our 82-226. This looks like a dead ringer for yours and just so happens to be compatible with the 82-310.

Hey Tom.

I have installed the new mortise lock 82-226 and it seems to be working fine. However I have a small piece left over... an s shaped piece slightly less than 1" with a small attachment screw. I can't figure out how to place it so that it doesn't stop the lock from sliding all the way into place. Is there a video I can watch?

Also, I ordered the key lock 82-310 but it is still out of stock. Is there another model I can use?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid I don't know what that S piece is. Are you saying that came off of the 82-226? Can you show it to me?

As for the 82-310, that is the only key lock we sell that will work with this setup, unfortunately.

This came off the new 82-226.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named lock part.jpg
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

That piece did not come off of the 82-226 mortise. That hook is screwed into the outside handle to secure the key cylinder. You should have a hole in the handle to accept that screw. It probably fell off when you removed the handle from the door.

How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
How to Install a Key Lock on a Patio Door
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to maintain a sliding glass door
How to maintain a sliding glass door
GUIDE
READ >
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
Legacy Patio Door Handles, Locks & Spindles
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.