Broken window

A home owner from San francisco says:
I believe I need to replace window channel balances. Pics provided. 29" long, has marking "28 9 98# CK Caldwell". The left side of frame pictured has it attached with one empty hole above it, the right side, not pictured only has one hole. I see no take put clips anywhere. Do you have parts I need?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230420_100043.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230420_100103.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230420_100113.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230420_100146.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230420_100351.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, thanks for reaching out! You have either the S380-29 with a 1" shoe or the S385-29 with a 1-3/32" shoe. To determine which series is needed for your window. Look over the dimensions from the diagram below to confirm the depth of your bottom shoe.

Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S380 and S385 balance shoes.

I am unable to cross-reference the stamp you have, unfortunately, so you'll need to obtain the exact weight of the sash. Once you have the sash weight, you'll be able to use the chart below the product description for the balance you need (one of the two mentioned above) to select the stamp for your window weight.

A home owner from San francisco says:
Super helpful. Mine measures 1 3/32. And sash weighs 42 lbsI looking at different Youtube videos I see mention of "take out clips" and I don't see any in my window. In pictures you can see one side has 2 holes (1 I assume for hook of balance, not sure if other for this take out clip) but other side only has one hole which I assume is for hook of balance- so nowhere for take out clip- do I need only one top cap and I so which one? Also I saw mention of "top caps"- I think these are on attached to sash on each side- see pictures, they seem fine so would you agree they don't need to be replaced?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230423_162219.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230423_162228.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230423_162234.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Since the window weighs 42lbs, you'll need the 2870 stamp. Also the take out clip typically used with these types of balances is part 16-002. Take a look at the measurements to confirm that it will be a fit for your window.

Alternate image for 16-002
Alternate image for 16-002

You top sash guide looks like it could be either the 18-008 or the 18-008H. They both have the same measurements, for the most part, but the installation holes are different at the top. The 18-008H has a horizontal slit at the top of the rectangular part of the top sash guide.

Detail of 18-008
Detail of 18-008

Dimenisons for 18-008H
Dimenisons for 18-008H

Alternate view of 18-008H
Alternate view of 18-008H

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.