Cabin windows

A handy person from Bliss, NY says:
I'm currently trying to refinish all the windows in a cabin I'm renovating. I would like to replace any damaged parts using your website. I can't seem to find any information on brand or model of these windows and would appreciate your help in identifying them.
Thanks in advance
Justin
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Wood Window Frame
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Damaged Balance Tube
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Sash Sweep Lock
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Surface-Mount Tilt Latch
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! Your tilt latches look similar in design to the 26-176 Left Hand Top Tilt Latch (and the right handed version 26-177). Although, to determine if these might be a suitable replacement, carefully look over the dimensions below and compare them to your existing latches. If they are not a match, please confirm your measurements, written out.

Alternate image for 26-176
Alternate image for 26-176

To identify the correct replacements for the sash sweep lock, I'll need to know the measurement for the distance between the installation hole, from center to center. I'll also need to know the backset measurement. This is measurement from the center of the installation hole to the back of the sweep that meets the keeper. Take a look at the diagram below for reference.

Detail of 90-161
Detail of 90-161

Your spiral balances looks like they could be the 5/8" diameter, Series 600 Tilt Window Spiral Balance. To determine if this is the right replacement, you'll need to remove the balances and confirm a few details; the diameter of the balance, the length of the tube (not including the colored tip), and the tip color itself. 

The tip is used to determine the weight range the balances should be able to hold. If there is not tip color, you'll need to obtain the exact weight of the sash.

Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.