Caldwell window balance

A quick learner from Sicklerville nj says:
Can you please tell me what balance I need. The balance is stamped 30 3 Caldwell GM. The metal portion is 31 inches long. Thank you.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6368.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6367.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6360.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6363.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6356.jpeg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in! I am confident that we can supply you with the replacement balances you need. Although, I believe they will need to be a custom assembly. 

To confirm this, I'll need to know the depth of your bottom shoe. Based on the design of them, I assume they are 7/8". Take look at the diagram below for reference.

If my assumptions are correct, I'll need to know the exact number of balances you intend to purchase. There is an order minimum of (2) balances per custom balance.

Dimensions for 15-029
Dimensions for 15-029

A quick learner from Sicklerville nj says:

Thanks It is 7/8. I would need 16 each (8windows) plus the top sashes to match. I need additional balances also, all are 7/8 bottom shoe but different tops. I'll send photos of each.

1. 18 4 Caldwell. Metal is 19 inches long. 2 each.

2. 24 4 Caldwell. Metal is 25 inches long. 6 each.

3. 27 1/2 3 Caldwell. Metal is 28 1/2 inches long.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6387.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6384.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6386.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6385.jpeg

Thanks for confirming this information. I've just forwarded over a separate link with a quote for all of the requested balances. Please let me know if you need a me to adjust the quantity of balances and I'll be happy to update the quote for you.

You'll be able to use this link to review the pricing of these balances and to place them in your online cart to make your purchase. Be sure to check your spam/junk folder for the link if you do not find it in your primary inbox.

Let me know if you have any questions.

A quick learner says:
Hello Jasmine ,
I just wanted to confirm that you received my other post with pictures referencing D303797 I think some had different tops and bottom pieces. If so I need to confirm amount and sizes to update numbers and add pieces to quote.
1. Caldwell 30 3. Metal portion 31" long. I need 16 each along with 16 sash guards in white.
2. Caldwell 18 4. Metal 19" long. I need 2 each with 2 white sash guards.
3. Caldwell 27 1/2 3. Metal 28 1/2 inches long. I need 6 each with 6 white sash guards.
4. Caldwell 24 4. Metal 25" long. I need 6 each with 6 white sash guards.
Note: I believe the 25" and the 28 1/2" metal ones have the different tops and bottoms.

Thanks for your help

I'm happy to help! I believe the sash guards you are referring to may be the top sash guide installed at the top corner of the window. To identify the correct replacement, I'll need to see a photo of an undamaged guide removed from the window.

In regard to the tops of the balances. They all appear to be the same style even though they are slightly different. This just comes down to the choice the manufacturer made in their design, however, they all function the same. If you believe the bottoms are different, you'll need to confirm the depth of the bottom shoe for each balance. If they are all 7/8", then all of these balances will need the same bottoms.

Once you've confirmed these two pieces of information I'll be able to update the quote accordingly.

Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

A quick learner says:
Hello Jasmine,
I uploaded a picture of the sash guards I need. I'll need 30 of them in white. The other bottoms are 7/8 so they should all be the same.

Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6423.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6422.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6421.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6420.jpeg

Thanks for the photos. Your top sash guide looks a lot like one of the top sash guides in our 18-124P Rollyson Top Sash Guide Pair. Take a look over the dimensions below. Carefully compare them to your existing top sash guide to confirm that this is the correct replacement.

Alternate view of 18-124p

How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.